Since 1997, VMBA has advocated for chapters on many fronts and represents the collective efforts of every engaged rider. These efforts have led to expanding federal and state understanding of mountain biking, which translates into increased access and support leading to more and better trail resources.
The relationship between chapters and VMBA is unique to Vermont. Chapters' efforts to generate energy around mountain biking in each region of the state is critically important. Advocating locally, generating partnerships and stewarding landowner relationships all serve as key components to continued and expanding access for riding. VMBA's supports chapter engagement through state level advocacy and stewarding relationships with state land managers. Further, VMBA maintains a number of administrative and educational opportunities for chapters.
Membership with your local chapter and VMBA enables the association to bring you the very best trails, events and riding scene in the country!
We're lucky to be in Vermont!
To assist chapters in facilitating such important outcomes VMBA works to:
- Provide steeply discounted insurance covering board of directors of each chapter, events, volunteers and landowners.
- Offer umbrella 501 C 3 status serving as a fiscal agent on chapters' behalf. This benefit ensures chapters can receive tax deductible donations.
- Serve as the collective voice advocating on chapters' behalf engaging the state and the US Forest Service to ensure continued and expanding access.
- Serve as the face of our collective riding community in Vermont leading to expanding sponsorship and partnership opportunities.
- VMBA sponsors chapter trail building educational opportunities each spring starting in 2013.
- Promote chapter events on vmba.org, event calendar, newsletters and Facebook.
- Generate newsletters keeping all engaged riders up to date with VMBA and chapter activity.
- Facilitate chapter collaboration and education.
- Provide event support through vendor recruitment, VMBA presence and in some cases items for auction.
- VMBA is in the process of creating membership management operations for chapters to ease the administrative burden associated with membership mgt.
- VMBA is building chapter management templates to be uploaded to a chapter log-in layer to the web site including: BOD operations, fiscal management, program planning, risk management, landowner letters and event development.
- VMBA is developing a "Preferred Trail Builders" program that will translate into education and best practices information for all VMBA chapters.
- This spring VMBA will be publishing the "Land Owner Relations" document to assist chapters in stewarding private land owner relationships.
- Conduct research to empirically define VMBA's value through demographic and user trend investigations translating into augmented partnership and sponsorship opportunities.
CLICK HERE FOR VMBA MEMBERSHIP